See details below... AT-A-GLANCE!
The volunteer AARP income tax preparers will be at the Lakewood Branch Library from February 1st through
April 10th. The schedule is as follows: Wednesdays from 5 - 7 PM; Thursdays from 1 - 3 PM and Saturdays from
9:30 - 11:30 AM. Please bring a copy of last year's tax return, a government issued identification and a blank check
for direct deposit of any refund. Submitted by Dick Highter.
- FREE TIE DOWN PROGRAM - IMPORTANT... Need more to sign up! Spread the word! See below.
- THE DANCING SUNFLOWERS - see below
- THE MONDAY NIGHT BIBLE CLUB - April 1 Inspirational Chalk Illustration. See below
- RELAY FOR LIFE - see below
- The SLF & BARBERSHOPPER CHORUS CONCERT - see below
- NJB Franco Corso Show - see below
- NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH “Great Easter Dinner” - see below
- POOLSIDE GRILL is now open on Monday though Friday from
11:30 AM until 1 PM. Volunteers are needed for the coming season.
Call Bill at 467-6710 if you can help for a few hours a week.
- HAPPY HOUR - April 11 at 5 PM in the auditorium - see below
- The SLF Chorus Concert (4/5 & 4/6) Tickets will be sold at each perforance or can be purchased from members of the Chorus & 'Barbershoppers'. $4 until April 1st/$5 at the door.
- Italian American Club members' meatball dinner (4/28) - tickets will be sold on April 7th from
- 9 - 11 AM in the Card Room.
- The Long Island Ducklings Picnic (4/7) - tickets will be sold on April 7th from 9:30 - 11 AM in the Card Room.
- The Long Island Ducklings VBHS Luncheon (4/24) - tickets will be sold on April 17th from 9:30 - 11 AM in the Card Room.
- FREE TIE DOWN PROGRAM - The HOA has worked with the State of Florida to be chosen for their FREE TIE DOWN PROGRAM. We have finally been accepted. This is a free service to help make our homes more stable during the hurricane season. Be sure to pick up a form at the front desk. We need more neighbors to sign up.
- Just for you! THE DANCING SUNFLOWERS will entertain you on Sunday, March 30th at 2:30 PM in the auditorium. This is the Sunflowers annual FREE performance just for your pleasure! Everyone is welcome. Refreshments will be served. Submitted by Betty Horton
- MONDAY NIGHT BIBLE CLUB - take the opportunity to join us as we share God’s promises and answers in out upside down world. An inspirational chalk illustration will be held at the Clubhouse on Tuesday, April 1st at 7 PM. Gary Means will be at the easel with full color , black light accents and musical accompaniment. An added feature will be ventriloquists, Mary & Denver. Tickets will be available in the Card Room on Monday, March 3rd from 9 – 11 AM. $5 pp. For more information call
Irene Blanchard at 464-7654.
- RELAY FOR LIFE - This year's Relay for Life will be held on April 4th & 5th. We would like invite everyone in the Fairways to attend. It's a great event and a worthy cause. Our Relay Team has
reached our goal and we are now over $100,000 for the 7 years that we have been a team. We
have been recognized throughout the State and at National Headquarters. Many thanks to
everyone who has been on the team. It's been a lot of work, but a lot of fun. However, we still have to
reach this year’s goal of $10,000. We still have a few thousand to go. We are still accepting donations.
This will be my last year to be the Team Captain. Hopefully, someone will step forward and lead the
team. If anyone is interested, please contact me. I will be happy to help you get started. The Spanish
Lakes Fairways Team would like to thank the Spanish Lakes Fairways community for all of your support
over the last several years. We appreciate everyone's participation.
~~Submitted by Sandy Sauers
- The SLF CHORUS AND THE YANKEE CLIPPER BARBERSHOP CHORUS are rehearsing for their spring concert, “Love Is In the Air”, to be held on Saturday, April 5th at 7 PM followed by a matinee on Sunday, April 6th at 4 PM. Tickets will be sold at each performance or you can purchase tickets from members of the Chorus. $5 pp. SAVE A DOLLAR… purchase your ticket before and pay only $4 pp!
Call Carol at 409-4538 for information.
- The NEW JERSEY BOUNCERS is sponsoring a concert featuring Franco Corso on April 9th int the auditorium. This show is sure to be a sellout, one you will not want to miss. His voice is both musically and visually enchanting. Tickets will go on sale March 11th from 8 -10AM for Bouncer members and from 10 to 11 AM for all residents. Tickets are $15 with cabaret style reserved seating. More information is posted on the breezeway board just outside the Card Room. Contact is Joe at 466-4681.
- HAPPY HOUR - April 11th, hosted New Jersey Bouncers. Serving pizza. Drink ticket, $3pp, Food ticket, $4 pp. Sold at the front desk.
- NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH - Please join us for a “Great Easter Dinner” catered by Rosemarie McGlynn on Saturday, April 12th at 5:30 PM in the auditorium. BYOB. Music by “Just Us”. There will be a 50/50 drawing. Decorate your favorite Easter bonnet and compete for a prize! Tickets are $15 and will be available on Tuesday, March 18th in the Card Room from 9 -10:30 AM. For more information, call Sandy at 464-4497. Submitted by Sandy Hochella
- OUTREACH GAME DAY - Sunday, April 13th from 1- 4 PM in the auditorium. Bring your friends and your games and join us for coffee and dessert. Tickets will be available on Thursday, March 13th from 9 -10:30 AM in the Card Room. For information, call Kathy Rademacher at 466-6110.
- CROSS CRIBBAGE GROUP - Every Wednesday at 1 PM in the Card Room. If you know how to play cribbage, join our growing group playing this new way! Come give it a try. Submitted by Ron Moreau
- The C.O.P. (Citizen’s Observation Patrol) is operated by a select group of SLF residents who are dedicated to keeping our Community safe and secure from criminal activity. Since 1995, the C.O.P. members have been trained and certified by the St Lucie County Sheriff’s Department. We are able to operate due to the donations from the Wynne Corporation and the SLF residents along with the aluminum can program. These donations allow us to patrol 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year at all different times of the day and night. We watch for unusual things such as open garage doors, unfamiliar people, movement between houses, strange vehicles and anything else that is out of the ordinary. Please support the C.O.P. by donating $15 per household annually. For more information, contact Mike Kelly at 409-7264.
- Note: The C.O.P. is still collecting aluminum cans. Please bring your cans to the receptacles across from the Wynne Service Building. Please bring only aluminum cans. If for any reason you are unable to deliver the
cans, call me at 409-7264 and I will make arrangements to have them picked up. Thank you for your support/
Submitted by Mike Kelly
- Bereavement Committee: We need volunteers desperately for this community service. We are committed to provide support during difficult times and will limit to desserts & coffee only. Would like 10-12 volunteers per bereavement. Call Deb Evans, Recreation Dept Director at 489-0943 if you can help.
- F.M.O. (Federated Manufactured Homeonwers) News (Click here)
- NEW ITEMS LISTED ON THE FLEA MARKET & HOUSES FOR SALE & RENT IN SLF (Click here)
Spanish Lakes Fairways
A Retirement Community in North Saint Lucie County * Fort Pierce, Florida.
Read Before You Go To An Outside Link
Once you leave the Spanish Lakes Fairways site, click the "back" button on your browser to return to this site; or "x" out of the page. The "outside" sites are meant to be for your amusement only and do not constitute an endorsement by the SLFHOA or the webmaster, of products or services being offered or is it, in any way, responsible nor liable for the content of such sites.
Add 160,000 previous"Hits" prior to our changing the front page format on 1/10/2012 RHM
Click on photos to enlarge; back arrow to return here.
This is the bottom of the Page. Please return to the top.
This page was last updated: March 29, 2014